Today I finally found the time to colour the chickens!
I wanted two different ones, so I googled and picked two chickens I liked.
The right one is a ‘Barnevelder’ chicken. They look really beautifull with their brown/reddish feathers, but it’s not really easy to colour a chicken like that.
I used Prismacolors Beige, Dark Brown, TerraCotta, Orange,……. (next time I have to write that down, because I forget which colours I used. Not so cleaver for when I want to give her more layers…).
I also used brown and red Staedtler fineliners and Stabilo watercolour.
This was my example, but I coloured her quite different.
The black in the feathers are difficult to colour.
A Barnevelder chicken.
For this one I also used Prismacolor.
I used a yellow one, Orange, a red one, Black, Dark Brown, Terra Cotta, Beige and a view grey-ones.
I also used Stabilo watercolours, a
Faber Castel black pencil and a black Staedtler Triplus velt tip. I finished with Staedtler fineliners (black, brown and red).
The left one can use some more layers. I think… Maybe I will try to put in the black in her feathers. We’ll see!