Here are some great simple tips for new colourists posted by Dancin Art Studio.
- Buy books one at a time to see what ones you really like and what kind of artist styles.
- Sharpen your pencil more than you think you need to.
- Always test markers or gel pens on a page in the back of the book to check if the pages are going to bleed through or not.
- Slip a piece of card stock or a couple pieces of paper behind your picture. This prevents dents in the next image and protects the next image against bleeding.
- If you colour in public make sure to bring an extra book or some pages with you for when a friend sees you and wants to join.
- Buy the biggest set of colours you can afford.This is cheaper than buying a box of 12 or 24 and than filling it in with singles.
- Print out free pages to colour from different artists so you can decide rather you like their style or not.
- And lastly, have fun and don’t be afraid to colour outside the lines— it’s ok!
Coloring books for adults have become a huge trend over the past year. It is no surprise, since coloring is a great stress reliever and allows for you to be creative while doing something enjoyable. Here are some tips for new colorists just stepping into the adult coloring world. […]